The Center for Healthcare Supply Chain Research, which coordinates a variety of studies of operational issues among pharma manufacturers and wholesaler-distributors, has a new lineup of board members, as Patrick Blake, former chair, moves into an ex officio role. The current composition is:
- Chairman of the board, Robert W. Belknap, executive director, trade sales & operations, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Vice chairman of the board, Antonio “Tony” Pera, SVP, supply chain management, AmerisourceBergen Drug Company
- Past chairman of the board, Patrick J. Blake, president, McKesson Specialty
- Rolando DeCardenas, VP, GM, oncology Rx, US Oncology Specialty, LP
- Brian Ellis, SVP, branded purchasing, Cardinal Health, Inc.
- John Harrington, VP, oncology business unit, sanofi-aventis U.S.
- Jeffrey Herzfeld, SVPresident & GM, TEVA Pharmaceuticals USA
- Hal Korman, president, North America, Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Kent Lieginger, VP, managed care and customer operations, Genentech, Inc.
- Tammy L. McIntire, President, Apotex Corp.
- Christopher D. Mitiguy, VP, Burlington Drug Company, Inc.
- Luis Valcarcel, trade accounts director, strategic business group, Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
“On behalf of the Center for Healthcare Supply Chain Research, I would like to welcome Bob as our new Chairman of the Board and look forward to working with him,” said Karen Ribler, EVP and COO of the Center. Prior to joining Boehringer Ingelheim, Belknap was senior director, global professional affairs for Wyeth Pharmaceutical, where he held a range of positions during his 19-year tenure. PC