Over the past month, Pelican BioThermal has added three more locations to its global network: Dublin, Ireland, Los Angeles, CA; and Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. All three locations are drop-off and reconditioning points for the Crēdo on Demand shipping containers. Crēdo containers are high-performance, reusable containers, enabling shippers to avoid single-use containers, which can be a disposal problem, while providing a higher degree of protection against temperature excursions. Pelican BioThermal has a stated goal of having 100 such locations in place this year; in that regard, it’s making a major bet that the pharma industry will continue on a path of addressing cold chain issues as a service function, rather than as a capital expense of purchasing containers outright.
- Brand Marketing / Communications
- Prescription digital therapeutics are entering the healthcare mainstream
- EMR market is growing at 6% annually, now topping $31 billion
- Healthcare Distribution Alliance takes to the airwaves
- Asembia launches a network of retail pharmacies for specialty drug services