Although life sciences business leaders have been overwhelmed this summer with developments in the all-but-defunct repeal of Obamacare, and the steps FDA is taking under new leadership, the Healthcare Distribution Alliance is continuing its attention on global issues of pharmaceutical distribution and healthcare policy. The Fourth International Pharmaceutical Distribution Conference will be held in Geneva, Switzerland, on Oct. 16–17. Co-sponsors are the European Healthcare Distribution Assn. (GIRP); the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Wholesalers (IFPW); and Pharmalog.ch, the Swiss pharma logistics association.
HDA attracts senior supply chain, distribution and manufacturing executives, with educational sessions switching between US and non-US speakers to provide a global perspective. Highlighted topics include:
- The evolution of collaborative supply chain trading partnerships
- Pharmaceutical product traceability/medicines verification efforts from a global perspective
- Value-based outcomes and reimbursement
- The political and policy landscape shaping distribution in Europe and the US
- The financial outlook for the global pharmaceutical market
- The development and role of biosimilars.
Registration and additional information is available at the Conference website,